Sunday, December 18, 2016

My Guru and My Education

My Guru and My Education

My Guru never repeats the same sentence or lesson again. If we missed it due to concentration problems or any other problem, it means we have missed it forever. So we have to listen to each and every word carefully. He insists us to absorb the knowledge directly from his teachings and never encourages to write in our notebook.

I always connect his training from the words of Vimalananda (from the book 'Aghora') as follows: "What sort of educational system do we have nowadays? They announce their examinations in advance so that any idiot can mug up a bunch of notes in preparation. The key to testing someone is to test them when they least expect it and are least prepared for it. Then you have an accurate idea of how much they really know."

No comments:

Post a Comment